WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -Westchester residents who lost cable and satellite service during Hurricane Sandy may be eligible to get free credits from several providers, but they have to ask for it.
Cablevision, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, DirecTV, Verizon Fios and Dish Network are all offering similar credit or equipment policies for the period of time in which a customer's service was disrupted.
“Many of our customers have been severely impacted by Hurricane Sandy,” Kristin Dolan, Cablevision’s senior executive vice president of product management and marketing, said in a release. “In addition, customers will not be responsible for any damage to Cablevision equipment caused by the storm, and will be able to exchange damaged equipment at no cost.”
More than 1,000 customers with Optimum service from Cablevision have regained power, but have not had cable restored. There are about 94,373 Optimum households in Westchester County that were still without power Sunday.
Customers can call Cablevision within 30 days of service restoration to request the credit, the company said Friday. For more information, visit the Optimum website.
• Verizon Fios customers can visit the company’s support page.
• Comcast customers can visit the company’s Hurricane Sandy information page.
• Time Warner Cable customers can visit the company’s hurricane support page.
• DirecTV customers can visit the company’s answers page.
• Dish Network customers can visit the company’s support page.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 4 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Eastchester Tuesday