EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The Eastchester-Tuckahoe Chamber of Commerce is asking all local merchants to donate to the 2013 Scholarship Program.
Each year, the chamber gives one scholarship to a deserving college bound senior in each school. They’re hopeful to expand the program this year, and double it to two scholarships per high school.
“These students are our future, and we know they will give back to the community one day,” Judy Fix said in a statement. “If each merchant would participate and give a donation of $100, we would successfully meet our goal. If you feel this is too much, then give whatever you can to support our schools.”
Checks can be made out to the Eastchester-Tuckahoe Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund 2013, and can be send to the Chamber of Commerce at Tuckahoe Village Hall.
All merchants are invited to become members of the chamber. The next meeting will be held on Nov. 12 at Bistro Latino in Tuckahoe.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Eastchester High School Provides Guidelines For Halloween Attire