EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – The MJ Territo Quartet will once again be featured at Jazz Day, an international event designed to educate the masses about the genre, in Tuckahoe as they play a concert
The group will be playing a concert from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30 at An American Bistro on Columbus Avenue. The set list will include a selection of jazz hits from Duke Ellington, Charlie Parker and Thelonius Monk among others.
International Jazz Day is designated each year by UNESCO to highlight the role jazz plays in bringing people together. It will feature a daylong series of concerts, seminars, jam sessions, master classes and film screenings.
Last year, the international celebration reached more than 1 billion people.
There will also be a global all-star concert that will be broadcast from Osaka, Japan.
Territo, who is also a teacher, has toured the tri-state area and is the founder of the Ladies Day Jazz Ensemble.
“When students ask me what jazz is, I often start by saying that it is America’s classic music,” she said. “I can’t think of a better way to celebrate everything I love about jazz than joining the worldwide celebration.”
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 IRS Warns Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Optical Visit Relocates From New Rochelle To Eastchester