EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Fountains at RiverVue "Opera in the Afternoon" program in Tuckahoe is getting national recognition.
The Fountains at RiverVue hosts the program twice a month. Watermark Retirement Communities, one of the nation’s leading senior living operators, recently recognized “Opera in the Afternoon,” as one of the best educational offerings among hundreds offered at 34 Watermark communities nationwide, according to a release.
"The popular class is part of an ever evolving curriculum offered through Watermark University, Watermark’s trademark program dedicated to promoting mind and body fitness for life," representatives said. "Faculty members include Watermark associates, residents and special guests such as (Ross) Crolius, who recently retired from the Metropolitan Opera after spending 25 years with the company as a full-time chorister. During that time he performed an average of 180 performances each season and performed in six different languages. Since his retirement from the Met, Ross has shifted his focus to vocal lessons and lecturing about opera."
“Opera in the Afternoon” meets every other Monday at The Fountains at RiverVue, 1 RiverVue Place in Tuckahoe.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Eastchester Must Prepare