WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Westchester will pause Wednesday at memorials throughout the county to remember the 109 Westchester lives lost in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Memorials planned include the following:
- Candlelight vigil and dedication of Ground Zero Beam will be at the county's memorial at Kensico Dam Plaza in Vahalla, 7 p.m.
- Mount Kisco Memorial, on the north side of town library, is holding a ceremony at 6:15 p.m
- Port Chester is hosting a remembrance at 7 p.m. at the 9/11 Monument in Lyon Park.
- Eastchester holds a motorcycle run each year.
- New Castle's 9/11 memorial service is at Gedney Park at 6:30 pm. Assemblyman David Buchwald is the keynote speaker.
- North Castle will honor its fallen neighbors with a brief ceremony and wreath laying at its 9/11 memorial in Wampus Brook Park. Service will begin at 5:30 pm in the park.
- A contingent of firefighters will gather at the Ardsley Fire House at 8:30 a.m. They'll ring the bell at the times the planes crashed into the World Trade Center then march to Fire Fighter Park in Addyman Square to lay a wreath at the memorial for Ardsley Volunteer Firefighter William Pohlmann, who worked in the World Trade Center.
- Elmsford will hold a service at 7 p.m. at the Senior/Community Center, 15 North Stone Ave.
- White Plains will hold a ceremony at 8 a.m. at Liberty Park on Lake Street, the site of the city’s permanent 9/11 memorial.
- The Croton Falls Fire Department is holding a ceremony at 6:30 p.m. at the North Salem Fire Station, 301 Titicus Road.
- The United Veterans Memorial & Patriotic Association of New Rochelle will host a service at 7:30 p.m. at the American Legion Post, 112 North Ave.
- The Town of Mamaroneck, Village of Mamaroneck and the Village of Larchmont will hold a ceremony at 5 p.m.at "Girl Scout Rock" at Memorial Park on Myrtle Boulevard.