WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- It's Easter and no doubt you're celebrating with friends and family. Make the day "sweeter" with this recipe from DeCicco Family Markets with locations in Lewisboro, Bedford, North Salem, Somers, Yorktown, Scarsdale, White Plains, New City, Ridgefield, Conn., and coming to Katonah as of April 1. The pineapple bake goes well with Easter ham.
Easy Pineapple Bake (portioned down)
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 eggs
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup sugar
- Torn white bread (1 inch pieces)
- 16 oz. Crushed pineapples in juice (canned)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of a oven-safe casserole dish (approx. size 9 x 12).
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar - cream together.
- Beat eggs into cream one at a time.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add bread and crushed pineapple to the mixture.
- Transfer to the greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered about 1 hour (until bubbly).
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.