TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- Who says you should work over Labor Day weekend?
Mark this unofficial end of summer with a "no labor" recipe sure to wow your guests. At least that's the advice of Tuckahoe resident Tina DiLeo, a blogger at Cheftini.com who says you can make her roasted pepper sauce chicken by "mixing, marinating and grilling" in three easy steps.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauc e
- 8 Thin Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 12 oz jar Roasted Red Peppers with Juice
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Italian/Flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Combine peppers,basil, parsley, garlic, oil and seasonings into the blender and puree.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture over the chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours (or overnight).
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Refrigerate remaining sauce for garnish or future use.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.