WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
Former New York City Mayor is the highest ranking billionaire with connections to Westchester. The media mogul who owns a home in North Salem checked in at No.16 on the Forbes list with a net worth of $33 billion.
Next on the list is Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg at No. 21 with a net worth of $28.5 billion. Zuckerberg, 29, was born in White Plains, raised in Dobbs Ferry and briefly attended Ardsley High School.
Hedge Fund leader and Bedford resident George Soros also made the list at no. 26. Forbes said Soros' net worth was $23 billion.
- 1 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 2 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Open Houses In Eastchester This Weekend
- 5 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester