WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
Former New York City Mayor is the highest ranking billionaire with connections to Westchester. The media mogul who owns a home in North Salem checked in at No.16 on the Forbes list with a net worth of $33 billion.
Next on the list is Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg at No. 21 with a net worth of $28.5 billion. Zuckerberg, 29, was born in White Plains, raised in Dobbs Ferry and briefly attended Ardsley High School.
Hedge Fund leader and Bedford resident George Soros also made the list at no. 26. Forbes said Soros' net worth was $23 billion.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 2 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Eastchester, NOAA Predicts
- 3 Get A City Shopping Experience 'North' Of Manhattan in Eastchester
- 4 Eastchester Teachers Kick Off 'Home/School Partnership'
- 5 Flooding, Accidents Cause Thursday Morning Delays