EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Teams for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life at Concordia College are seeking donations as they continue to fundraise and prepare for the event May 16.
Consider making a donation or ordering a luminaria for a special person who is suffering from cancer, passed away or is a survivor. The luminaria ceremony, which displays all the names, will take place at 10 p.m. Luminarias can be dedicated by visiting http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY13National?fr_id=67474&pg=fr_ecommerce .
This year, Andrew Weiss, an English teacher from Eastchester Middle School, who just recently lost his mom to cancer, is one of the keynote speakers at the ceremony.
Donations can be made under any of the teams listed on the website, at http://relay.acsevents.org/site/PageServer/?pagename=relay_getinvolved_events&event_query=10708&search_type=event .
Once on the website, click find a team and enter any of the following:
- Astarita - Eastchester High School
- Crespo - Eastchester High School
- Eldred - Eastchester High School
- Morris - Eastchester High School
- Zimbardo - Eastchester High School
- Team Weiss - Eastchester Middle School
- Team Shay - Eastchester Middle School
- Team Chertok - Eastchester Middle School
- Team Logan - Eastchester Middle School
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.