BRONX, N.Y. – Eastchester and Scarsdale residents attending school at Fordham University have been inducted into the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective honor society for all academic disciplines.
Eugene Colucci III, of Scarsdale, who is pursuing a degree in accounting, and Jane Kinney, who is working toward a degree in social work, as well as Eastchester-native Nanako Sakai have each earned the distinction of being named to Phi Kappa Phi.
These students are among 30,000 others that are initiated into the honor society each year. Membership is by invitation only and requires the approval of one of more than 300 chapters that are on college campuses in the country.
Only the top 10 percent of seniors and 7.5 percent of juniors that have at least 72 semester hours are eligible. Graduate students in the top 10 percent of the number of graduate candidates may also qualify.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 4 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Eastchester Tuesday