EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Jansen Hospice recently honored its volunteers at a special summer luncheon at The Old Stone Mill in Tuckahoe.
Laura Hanlon, Jansen Hospice volunteer and bereavement coordinator, organized the event.
Volunteers complete a five-week training program. After training, volunteers travel throughout Westchester County to visit terminally ill patients.
Emely Scioli has been a Jansen volunteer for six years. “Whenever I go see a patient, I ask for guidance about what they want most, and you have to just open yourself up,” said Scioli.
“By the end of my visits I’m mentally exhausted from giving as much as I possibly can. And that’s the best part. I have so much love to give, and it feels good to transfer it to my patients.”
If you are interested in becoming a Jansen Hospice volunteer, contact Hanlon at 914-787-6158.
- 1 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 3 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation