SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Scarsdale's Junior League of Central Westchester recently held a Family Game Night to help benefit Heartsong Inc. in White Plains.
Heartsong is a creative arts therapy facility for those with special needs. Families who attended the JLCW’s game night were asked to bring toys, books and games to be donated to Heartsong. Representatives said the toys, games, books and art supplies from the drive will be instrumental in fulfilling the need at Heartsong.
"Donated items will be enjoyed by siblings and family members in the new waiting room and provide engaging activities for students in an upcoming After School Program," representatives said.
"The JLCW’s organized and effective efforts have provided us with an abundance of a wide range of items, including shelves for storage, that will be useful for years to come," said Kaori Ihara, Volunteer Coordinator at Heartsong. "We recognize that it is because of kind partners like the JLCW, that we are able to provide services and care for individuals and families with special needs. We are truly grateful for this partnership, and we thank you for your generous contribution.”
For more information about the JLCW, residents can call 914-723-6130 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 2 IRS Warns Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Optical Visit Relocates From New Rochelle To Eastchester