SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- Scarsdale's Junior League of Central Westchester recently held a Family Game Night to help benefit Heartsong Inc. in White Plains.
Heartsong is a creative arts therapy facility for those with special needs. Families who attended the JLCW’s game night were asked to bring toys, books and games to be donated to Heartsong. Representatives said the toys, games, books and art supplies from the drive will be instrumental in fulfilling the need at Heartsong.
"Donated items will be enjoyed by siblings and family members in the new waiting room and provide engaging activities for students in an upcoming After School Program," representatives said.
"The JLCW’s organized and effective efforts have provided us with an abundance of a wide range of items, including shelves for storage, that will be useful for years to come," said Kaori Ihara, Volunteer Coordinator at Heartsong. "We recognize that it is because of kind partners like the JLCW, that we are able to provide services and care for individuals and families with special needs. We are truly grateful for this partnership, and we thank you for your generous contribution.”
For more information about the JLCW, residents can call 914-723-6130 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday