SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Junior League of Central Westchester (JLCW) in Scarsdale will donate a portion of its proceeds from this week’s Holiday Boutique fundraiser to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
The Holiday Boutique showcases the goods and services of local businesses, and for the first time in 26 years, it was held at Lake Isle Country Club in Eastchester.
Lauren Wyler-Smith, president of the JLCW, said that because the hurricane struck when it did, it only made sense to donate some of the funds to those most affected by the storm.
“As an organization whose mission has always been to build better communities, we felt it was very important to redirect a portion of our fundraising dollars to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy,” she said. “As many of our own members face struggles in the aftermath of the storm, the entire community is in our thoughts at this time.”
- 1 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 2 Longtime Eastchester Restauranteurs Open Le Sirene In Larchmont
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Amber Alert Canceled After 3-Year-Old Girl Found