SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Junior League of Central Westchester (JLCW) in Scarsdale will donate a portion of its proceeds from this week’s Holiday Boutique fundraiser to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
The Holiday Boutique showcases the goods and services of local businesses, and for the first time in 26 years, it was held at Lake Isle Country Club in Eastchester.
Lauren Wyler-Smith, president of the JLCW, said that because the hurricane struck when it did, it only made sense to donate some of the funds to those most affected by the storm.
“As an organization whose mission has always been to build better communities, we felt it was very important to redirect a portion of our fundraising dollars to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy,” she said. “As many of our own members face struggles in the aftermath of the storm, the entire community is in our thoughts at this time.”
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News