WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – The days might be short, but summer is just around the corner. The Westchester County Department of Public Safety is now accepting applications for seasonal park rangers to patrol county parks this summer.
Applications are due by Feb. 22 and are available on the Department of Public Safety’s website.
Uniformed park rangers work under supervision of county police to maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere in the county’s many parks. They assist park users, provide information on park rules and procedures and help in searches for lost children, as well as perform basic first aid on occasion and make regular security checks of buildings and facilities.
The salary for first-time park rangers is $14 hourly, but salaries are higher for those who have previously worked as a ranger for the county.
In order to be considered for the position, applicants must be high school graduates and at least 19 years of age. He or she must also be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Westchester County and possess a valid New York State driver’s license by the time of appointment.
Accepted candidates must attend a two-week training program at the Westchester County Police Academy.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 4 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Eastchester Tuesday