BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy said her family name had nothing to do with her acquittal from a DWI charge in a Monday interview on NBC's "Today."
Kennedy said her access to "competent counsel" was the reason for the "not guilty" verdict.
Kennedy was found not guilty of driving while under the influence of drugs, claiming she accidentally took a sleeping pill instead of a prescribed medication for a thyroid condition. She sideswiped a tractor-trailer on I-684 in July of 2012 before being found asleep at the wheel in her car later that day.
- 1 Eastchester Mom Debuts Fashion, Lifestyle Blog For Parents
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 Longtime Eastchester Trustee To Take Over As Town Justice
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Eastchester Public Library Represents At Battle Of Books