BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy said her family name had nothing to do with her acquittal from a DWI charge in a Monday interview on NBC's "Today."
Kennedy said her access to "competent counsel" was the reason for the "not guilty" verdict.
Kennedy was found not guilty of driving while under the influence of drugs, claiming she accidentally took a sleeping pill instead of a prescribed medication for a thyroid condition. She sideswiped a tractor-trailer on I-684 in July of 2012 before being found asleep at the wheel in her car later that day.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester