BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy said her family name had nothing to do with her acquittal from a DWI charge in a Monday interview on NBC's "Today."
Kennedy said her access to "competent counsel" was the reason for the "not guilty" verdict.
Kennedy was found not guilty of driving while under the influence of drugs, claiming she accidentally took a sleeping pill instead of a prescribed medication for a thyroid condition. She sideswiped a tractor-trailer on I-684 in July of 2012 before being found asleep at the wheel in her car later that day.
- 1 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Three New Eastchester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester