BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford resident Kerry Kennedy said her family name had nothing to do with her acquittal from a DWI charge in a Monday interview on NBC's "Today."
Kennedy said her access to "competent counsel" was the reason for the "not guilty" verdict.
Kennedy was found not guilty of driving while under the influence of drugs, claiming she accidentally took a sleeping pill instead of a prescribed medication for a thyroid condition. She sideswiped a tractor-trailer on I-684 in July of 2012 before being found asleep at the wheel in her car later that day.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Eastchester On Wednesday