WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday afternoon that stretches of Interstate 84 and Interstate 87 will be closed starting at midnight in anticipation of the snowstorm sweeping through the region picking up in intensity.
Cuomo declared a State of Emergency as the storm is expected to affect the entire state.
"Mother Nature is starting the new year showing us who's really in charge," Cuomo said.
I-84 will be closed from the Pennsylvania state line to the Connecticut state line. I-87 will be closed south of Albany. Cuomo also announced I-84 from the Pennsylvania state line to the Connecticut state line will be closed to commercial truck traffic beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Cuomo urged New Yorkers to avoid traveling and stay inside their homes until the worst of the storm has passed.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 3 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries