EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Although the Eastchester Planning Board has been discussing the proposed senior housing development on Summerfield Street for more than a year, debate over the project continues.
- Eastchester elementary students got into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, singing and dancing to the beat of a mix of classic Irish folk songs and contemporary hits for a capacity crowd at Greenvale .
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com .
- Eastchester Superintendent Walter Moran has proposed a preliminary $76.9 million budget, representing a 3.21 percent tax levy increase from the current budget.
- Eastchester High School's Eagle Impact recently collected more than 500 food items for the Eastchester Community Action Program
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.