EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Patricia Lanza of Eastchester was revealed as the generous donor who will be matching donations up to $500,000 on behalf of the Lanza Association when board members, supporters and beneficiaries came together at Sam's of Gedney Way in White Plains on Wednesday night to celebrate the Westchester Children's Association's 100th anniversary.
- An unidentified black male was shot in the leg at around 3:54 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Palisades Avenue and Elm Street, police officials said. The victim is expected to survive, according to Det. Lt. Patrick McCormack.
- Bronxville track superstar Mary Cain officially stepped onto the professional stage on Friday, competing in the New York City Gotham Cup and taking first place in the 800-meter event, according to Runner's World.
- Westchester home sales increased 21 percent in 2013 over the previous year, which has created a great environment for sellers, said Diane Cummins, president of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors (HGAR).
- 1 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Three New Eastchester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester
- 5 Tuckahoe House Lights Up For Holidays