This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A flash flood watch, issued by the National Weather Service, is in effect for Westchester County beginning late Tuesday night through Wednesday afternoon.
A low pressure system will move eastward from the great lakes and begin dumping precipitation on the area Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
Rain is expected to be heavy at times with up to 1-2 inches per hour possible in areas.
Residents are advised to monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action if a flood warning is issued.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 2 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Eastchester, NOAA Predicts
- 3 Eastchester Teachers Kick Off 'Home/School Partnership'
- 4 Flooding, Accidents Cause Thursday Morning Delays
- 5 Man Who Allegedly Threatened His Former High School Arrested In Greenburgh