EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The ex-Eastchester police officer who spent three years in prison for shooting his friend could be paroled by early October, according to LoHud.com.
James Pileggi, 34, was convicted of manslaughter after accidentally shooting and killing Andre Everett while showing him the laser scope on his handgun, LoHud.com said.
Pileggi has already been interviewed for parole, but the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision won't release its findings until Everett's family is notified, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester