EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The ex-Eastchester police officer who spent three years in prison for shooting his friend could be paroled by early October, according to LoHud.com.
James Pileggi, 34, was convicted of manslaughter after accidentally shooting and killing Andre Everett while showing him the laser scope on his handgun, LoHud.com said.
Pileggi has already been interviewed for parole, but the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision won't release its findings until Everett's family is notified, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer