EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The ex-Eastchester police officer who spent three years in prison for shooting his friend could be paroled by early October, according to LoHud.com.
James Pileggi, 34, was convicted of manslaughter after accidentally shooting and killing Andre Everett while showing him the laser scope on his handgun, LoHud.com said.
Pileggi has already been interviewed for parole, but the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision won't release its findings until Everett's family is notified, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Eastchester Mom Debuts Fashion, Lifestyle Blog For Parents
- 2 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 3 Longtime Eastchester Trustee To Take Over As Town Justice
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Eastchester Public Library Represents At Battle Of Books