EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The ex-Eastchester police officer who spent three years in prison for shooting his friend could be paroled by early October, according to LoHud.com.
James Pileggi, 34, was convicted of manslaughter after accidentally shooting and killing Andre Everett while showing him the laser scope on his handgun, LoHud.com said.
Pileggi has already been interviewed for parole, but the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision won't release its findings until Everett's family is notified, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester