EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The ex-Eastchester police officer who spent three years in prison for shooting his friend could be paroled by early October, according to LoHud.com.
James Pileggi, 34, was convicted of manslaughter after accidentally shooting and killing Andre Everett while showing him the laser scope on his handgun, LoHud.com said.
Pileggi has already been interviewed for parole, but the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision won't release its findings until Everett's family is notified, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Yonkers Principal Threatens Soccer Dad, Says Report
- 4 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary
- 5 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack