EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The ex-Eastchester police officer who spent three years in prison for shooting his friend could be paroled by early October, according to LoHud.com.
James Pileggi, 34, was convicted of manslaughter after accidentally shooting and killing Andre Everett while showing him the laser scope on his handgun, LoHud.com said.
Pileggi has already been interviewed for parole, but the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision won't release its findings until Everett's family is notified, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 2 Eastchester Teachers Kick Off 'Home/School Partnership'
- 3 Eastchester Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 Eastchester School District Set To Unveil New Turf Field
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions