EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Amanda Iles, a former teacher at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, pleaded guilty to raping a 14 year-old-boy, a former student.
- A former Mount Vernon Department of Public Works employee was convicted of attempted murder after an incident at OK Freddy's last year.
- Ever feel like everything costs too much? Forbes Magazine has rated the New York City-Westchester-Hackensack, N.J., area as the nation's most overpriced area to live in, tied with Honolulu.
- Students from Mahopac High School who allegedly made racist comments on Twitter following the school's loss to Mount Vernon in the Section 1 boys basketball semifinals have drawn the ire of school officials from both districts.
- Refugio de Esperanza, a 107-year-old New Rochelle church that had been in disrepair decades, re-opened its doors on Friday thanks in large part to the foundation run by New York Yankees legend Mariano Rivera.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 IRS Warns Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Optical Visit Relocates From New Rochelle To Eastchester