HASTINGS-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. -- Picked up for a September 2014 release, the newest HBO series "The Leftovers" will return to Hastings-on-Hudson this week where original filming for the pilot was shot last summer.
According to Hastings Police, HBO/Warner Brothers company has decided to revisit the village and filming will take place on Monday, Feb. 24.
Directed by Peter Berg of "Friday Night Lights," and starring Liv Tyler, Amy Brenneman and Justin Thoreau, portions of the pilot were shot in downtown Hastings in July 2013 with a large cast of extras from the village involved.
Based on Tom Perrotta’s book, "The Leftovers," focuses on the people left behind after The Rapture - a Bible based event - occurs.
Villagers hosted two days of filming with several venues used for a parade along Main Street, scenes at the River Roadhouse and the Hastings Laundromat on Warburton ave. and a car crash scene on Spring Street.
Police notified residents and business owners that the following parking restrictions and road closures will be in effect during the filming.
• Spring St from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Westbound)
• Spring St from 6 a.m.to 2 p.m. (Eastbound)
• The metered spaces and the Spring Street entrance of the Steinschneider Parking Lot (Upper Level Only) will be closed 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.. During this time the entrance and the exit will be via West Main Street.
• Elm Place 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Spring St or at the metered spaces in the Steinschneider parking lot (Upper Level Only). From 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. no parking will be allowed.
• Elm Place From 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Hastings police officers will be posted at various locations throughout this process and they will make every effort possible to accommodate residents
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Tuckahoe Man Charged With DWI In Putnam Valley
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester