WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — Saturday will grow hotter and stormier throughout the day, with a potential for strong thunderstorms to begin rolling through Westchester County in the afternoon and evening.
There is a moderate chance for severe storms Saturday evening as a cold front moves in, with the National Weather Service warning of a "potentially damaging wind event" in the Northeast.
The stormy weather could begin around 2 p.m. and worsen through the evening, the National Weather Service says. The main threat will be "torrential rains and strong to damaging wind gusts," it says.
The storms should be gone by Sunday morning, which is forecast to be sunny with highs in the low- to mid-70s, the weather service says.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl