WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — Saturday will grow hotter and stormier throughout the day, with a potential for strong thunderstorms to begin rolling through Westchester County in the afternoon and evening.
There is a moderate chance for severe storms Saturday evening as a cold front moves in, with the National Weather Service warning of a "potentially damaging wind event" in the Northeast.
The stormy weather could begin around 2 p.m. and worsen through the evening, the National Weather Service says. The main threat will be "torrential rains and strong to damaging wind gusts," it says.
The storms should be gone by Sunday morning, which is forecast to be sunny with highs in the low- to mid-70s, the weather service says.
- 1 Missing 14-Year-Old Eastchester Girl Is Found In NYC
- 2 Eastchester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow