WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — Saturday will grow hotter and stormier throughout the day, with a potential for strong thunderstorms to begin rolling through Westchester County in the afternoon and evening.
There is a moderate chance for severe storms Saturday evening as a cold front moves in, with the National Weather Service warning of a "potentially damaging wind event" in the Northeast.
The stormy weather could begin around 2 p.m. and worsen through the evening, the National Weather Service says. The main threat will be "torrential rains and strong to damaging wind gusts," it says.
The storms should be gone by Sunday morning, which is forecast to be sunny with highs in the low- to mid-70s, the weather service says.
- 1 Eastchester Ranked Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 National Weather Service: Eastchester's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Bronxville Attorney Charged With Stealing From Escrow Accounts