WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories topped the news for the week including the election of a new county executive in Westchester and a double fatal car crash.
State Sen. George Latimer upset two-term incumbent Rob Astorino on Tuesday in the race for Westchester County Executive. Click here to read the story.
Police have identified the two young men killed in Saturday's two-vehicle crash along Boston Post Road (Route 1) in the Village of Mamaroneck. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- Vincent Pastore, an actor best known for his portrayal of Salvatore "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero on the HBO series "The Sopranos" stopped by for some chicken parm at AJ's Burgers in New Rochelle.
- With more than 54 percent of districts reporting, incumbent White Plains Mayor Thomas Roach has opened up a sizable lead over challenging Republican Milagros Lecuona.
- One of the nation's most prestigious golf clubs has decided it doesn't want the president's portrait on display.
- A Scarsdale High School alumnus has been confirmed by the Senate to serve as President Donald Trump’s ambassador to India.
- In an Election Eve vote unpopular among many in the overflow crowd at City Hall, the White Plains Common Council narrowly gave the French-American School of New York approval to build a school at the former Ridgeway Country Club in White Plains.
- A suspect who has been linked to the death of a Westchester woman in 2005 and the murder of a teenager in the Bronx is reportedly being extradited to New York after being busted for a traffic stop in Florida.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.