FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Adam Lanza used his rifle to shoot his way through the locked doors of the Sandy Hook School on Friday morning.
Malloy told interviewers on the Sunday morning news programs that Lanza shot a hole large enough in the door to get through. He got in "by literally shooting an entrance into the building," Malloy told CNN's Candy Crowley.
Investigators believe Lanza died of a self-inflicted gunshot as police were entering the building, Malloy said on ABC's "This Week."
Autopsies on the shooter and his mother, Nancy Lanza, were still ongoing Sunday morning, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said at a press conference. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner would likely have further information later in the day.
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 5 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm