WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – President Barack Obama declared Westchester County a disaster area Friday, making it eligible for federal aid in the recovery from Hurricane Sandy.
“This is important information for all of those in our county who have been devastated by Sandy,” County Executive Robert Astorino said. “We will continue to share information as we get it. In the meantime, I urge people to register with FEMA.”
If you have unreimbursed losses from the hurricane, you must register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to qualify for federal aid. Register online, on your smartphone or by calling 1-800-621-3362. Those with a speech disability or hearing loss who use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) can call 1-800-621-3362.
Further information will be posted on the Westchester County website as it becomes available.
- 1 Woman Kicks, Spits At Officers During DWI Arrest In Eastchester, Police Say
- 2 Burglary Suspect Apprehended In Bronxville After Overnight Foot Chase
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Eastchester Visit
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three