WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – President Barack Obama declared Westchester County a disaster area Friday, making it eligible for federal aid in the recovery from Hurricane Sandy.
“This is important information for all of those in our county who have been devastated by Sandy,” County Executive Robert Astorino said. “We will continue to share information as we get it. In the meantime, I urge people to register with FEMA.”
If you have unreimbursed losses from the hurricane, you must register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to qualify for federal aid. Register online, on your smartphone or by calling 1-800-621-3362. Those with a speech disability or hearing loss who use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) can call 1-800-621-3362.
Further information will be posted on the Westchester County website as it becomes available.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Eastchester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs Eastchester, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter