WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – President Barack Obama declared Westchester County a disaster area Friday, making it eligible for federal aid in the recovery from Hurricane Sandy.
“This is important information for all of those in our county who have been devastated by Sandy,” County Executive Robert Astorino said. “We will continue to share information as we get it. In the meantime, I urge people to register with FEMA.”
If you have unreimbursed losses from the hurricane, you must register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to qualify for federal aid. Register online, on your smartphone or by calling 1-800-621-3362. Those with a speech disability or hearing loss who use TTY should call 1-800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) can call 1-800-621-3362.
Further information will be posted on the Westchester County website as it becomes available.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High School Grad Marisa Curlen
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Eastchester
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer