WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y -- After more than two weeks of mystery, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced Monday that Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, killing everyone on board, according to CNN.
Daily Voice spoke with locals recently what they thought the fate of the plane was, with many speculating what ended up being confirmed by the Malaysian prime minister.
“In 2014, an airplane shouldn’t just up and vanish. It’s some scary (stuff) man,” he said on Wednesday. “Something real bad must have happened up there, and it’s even scarier no one seems to have any idea. This is real life, not an episode of 'Lost.' ”
Conspiracy theories abounded on television and the Internet that speculated the plane was safe and sound somewhere or that the plane was hijacked.
Daily Voice readers, such as Patricia Currence of Yonkers, N.Y., were optimistic that passengers were still alive, but hopes appear to have been dashed.
The wreckage of the plane was reportedly found 400 miles southwest of Perth, Australia.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 2 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester