SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Indie artist Alexa, who was raised in Scarsdale, has seen her debut single, “Cause We Feel Like It” hold steady at number one on the independent music charts for two weeks.
For several weeks, she held steady in the second position before making her rise to the top two weeks ago. Her single is currently number 17 on the global music charts.
Alexa branched out musically during her time at Scarsdale High School as a member of the a cappella group For Good Measure where she performed as a recurring soloist. She was a part of the 2011 group that won the best a cappella award after competing against other tandems in the state.
“Cause We Feel Like It” was recorded as a summer anthem before the singer went to college and made the full-time move into the music industry. It will become available on iTunes in March and was co-produced by three-time Grammy winner Tony Prendatt-Carter.
The artist is currently working on the follow-ups to her single, “Ego,” and Don’t Let Go,” which will be released later in the year.
- 1 Missing 14-Year-Old Eastchester Girl Is Found In NYC
- 2 Eastchester Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Westchester Schools Postpone SAT Exams Due To Inclement Weather