WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- Scarsdale crime boss Joseph DiNapoli, 80, is going to state prison in New Jersey following a police investigation that uncovered a multibillion-dollar criminal gambling enterprise.
- A 34-year-old man identified by police as a person of interest in a homicide in Yonkers that occurred Monday has been located upstate, Yonkers police said Wednesday.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino pledged continued fiscal discipline and economic growth Thursday evening, during his seventh State of the County address, which was delivered in the Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains.
- A New Rochelle baby came into the world in the backseat of a taxi with the help of an Eastchester police officer on Monday.
- A 51-year-old grandmother was arrested in White Plains on felony drug charges on Wednesday, police said.
- A tristate study of pedestrian accidents found fatalities occurred in all parts of Westchester County.
- A Yonkers man faces up to 25 years in prison after being convicted of committing an egregious daytime murder nearly three years ago.
- A 35-year-old Mamaroneck man jumped to his death Thursday from the southern walkway of the George Washington Bridge -- the sixth suicide from the span this year.
- The New Rochelle Board of Education has adopted a proposed schools budget exceeding $250 million that would maintain all essential services, programs and staff position throughout the district.
- A family of three was forced from their home on Pelhamdale Avenue in Pelham after a fire broke out last Saturday about 10 a.m.
- Mount Vernon state Sen. Ruth Hassell-Thompson will vacate her office this summer to join Gov. Andrew Cuomo as a special adviser.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.