EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- As part of its yearlong technology roll out, the Tuckahoe School District is poised to introduce its “Technology for All” initiative, which will outfit nearly every classroom with laptops.
- The day-to-day operations of the Tuckahoe Board of Trustees will be represented by a new face, as officials prepare to hire the first village administrator, a position created with the passage of the budget last week.
- The Tuckahoe Schools' production of "Hairspray" has earned three Metropolitan High School Theater Award nominations.
- The death of Gary McKeon, a Somers man who first went missing last Friday, was announced Thursday evening by his daughter.
- The New York State Republican Party nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.
- Pace University has announced that Nancy A. Garvey has been elected to the university's board of trustees.
- President Barack Obama helicoptered into Tarrytown Wednesday with Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his side to push Congress to open the Federal coffers for more infrastructure funding.
- The New York State Republican Party officially nominated Rob Astorino for governor Thursday at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Eastchester Residents