WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An accident on the Rockland County-bound Tappan Zee Bridge resulted in the closure of two lanes Tuesday morning before being cleared by the end of the morning commute.
Heavy delays continued in both directions even after the lanes were cleared.
The accident, which was reported just after 6:30 a.m. on the New York State Thruway (I-87), initially resulted in the closure of all lanes between Route 9 (Exit 9) and Route 9W (Exit 10).
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Eastchester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs Eastchester, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter