WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An accident on the Rockland County-bound Tappan Zee Bridge resulted in the closure of two lanes Tuesday morning before being cleared by the end of the morning commute.
Heavy delays continued in both directions even after the lanes were cleared.
The accident, which was reported just after 6:30 a.m. on the New York State Thruway (I-87), initially resulted in the closure of all lanes between Route 9 (Exit 9) and Route 9W (Exit 10).
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News