EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Eastchester's 350th Anniversary group recently received the President's Volunteer Service Award.
- Chappaqua runner Liam Harrison was the first finisher from Westchester County in the 118th Boston Marathon.
- Yonkers police, Child Protective Services and the Westchester District Attorney's office are investigating the death of a 2-year-old child on Sunday, police officials said.
- New York State Police reportedly kept quiet about drugs and other evidence that was lost out of the Hawthorne barracks in 2011, according to the Albany Times Union.
- Twenty-five dead cats were found hanging in bags on a tree in Yonkers on Thursday and are believed to have been deliberately killed by trauma to the head.
- 1 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 2 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 3 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 4 Vigil Set For Four Women Killed In Crash That Injured Eastchester HS Grad
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk