EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Eastchester and Tuckahoe this week:
- Eastchester's 350th Anniversary group recently received the President's Volunteer Service Award.
- Chappaqua runner Liam Harrison was the first finisher from Westchester County in the 118th Boston Marathon.
- Yonkers police, Child Protective Services and the Westchester District Attorney's office are investigating the death of a 2-year-old child on Sunday, police officials said.
- New York State Police reportedly kept quiet about drugs and other evidence that was lost out of the Hawthorne barracks in 2011, according to the Albany Times Union.
- Twenty-five dead cats were found hanging in bags on a tree in Yonkers on Thursday and are believed to have been deliberately killed by trauma to the head.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS