WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The push to raise to 19 the legal age to purchase tobacco products in Westchester County continues behind Majority Leader Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) according to the Westchester Business Journal.
Peter Fisher of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids held a press conference with Borgia on Wednesday, April 2, and said approximately $289 million is spent on health care due to tobacco use every year, the Westchester Business Journal said.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Eastchester Communication Signals
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester