WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A violinist in the Westchester County Philharmonic was found dead in her Westfield, N.Y., home on Wednesday, Aug. 20, according to the Buffalo News.
Mary E. Whitaker, 61, was found dead by a gunshot wound in her Western New York home by a fellow member of the Chautauqua Institution’s Symphony Orchestra and her husband. the Buffalo News reported.
Authorities believe Whitaker was targeted and that nobody else in the area was in danger, the Buffalo News reported.
Whitaker, who moved to New York after graduating from Indiana University, has worked with many of the major orchestras in New York and also toured with Barbra Striesand.
She was a member of the Westchester Philharmonic for 25 years.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Eastchester High School Provides Guidelines For Halloween Attire