WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A violinist in the Westchester County Philharmonic was found dead in her Westfield, N.Y., home on Wednesday, Aug. 20, according to the Buffalo News.
Mary E. Whitaker, 61, was found dead by a gunshot wound in her Western New York home by a fellow member of the Chautauqua Institution’s Symphony Orchestra and her husband. the Buffalo News reported.
Authorities believe Whitaker was targeted and that nobody else in the area was in danger, the Buffalo News reported.
Whitaker, who moved to New York after graduating from Indiana University, has worked with many of the major orchestras in New York and also toured with Barbra Striesand.
She was a member of the Westchester Philharmonic for 25 years.
- 1 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash