WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Police on Thursday night arrested a Connecticut woman and seized $59,000 worth of heroin following a traffic stop on the Hutchinson River Parkway in New Rochelle, according to a release.
Officers from the Patrol Task Force stopped a Honda Accord that was being driven erratically about 11:45 p.m. Thursday night near Wilmot Road in New Rochelle. The driver was extremely nervous and gave conflicting information to officers about her travel in the area.
A county police narcotics detection canine, Suki, was brought to the scene. Suki did an exterior sweep of the vehicle and indicated on the presence of narcotics. A subsequent search of the car turned up 5,900 envelopes of heroin hidden in the trunk.
The heroin has an estimated street value of $59,000.
Leslie Dawkins, 25, of Waterbury, Conn., was taken into custody and booked at county police headquarters in Hawthorne on charges of first degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and third degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, both of which are felonies.
Dawkins was held overnight and arraigned today in New Rochelle City Court. She was remanded to the Westchester County Jail without bail.
- 1 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Eastchester Tuesday