WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
The request for increase was made by 41 companies and include increases on the six most popular plans on the state's health exchange. Reasons for the increase included: a sicker than anticipated population, rising medical costs and government regulations, captialnewyork.com reported.
Last year, insurers requested a 9.5 percent increase but the average increase approved by the department of financial services was only about 4.5 percent, capitalnewyork.com said.
- 1 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 3 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook