WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
The request for increase was made by 41 companies and include increases on the six most popular plans on the state's health exchange. Reasons for the increase included: a sicker than anticipated population, rising medical costs and government regulations, captialnewyork.com reported.
Last year, insurers requested a 9.5 percent increase but the average increase approved by the department of financial services was only about 4.5 percent, capitalnewyork.com said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Eastchester Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency