WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
The request for increase was made by 41 companies and include increases on the six most popular plans on the state's health exchange. Reasons for the increase included: a sicker than anticipated population, rising medical costs and government regulations, captialnewyork.com reported.
Last year, insurers requested a 9.5 percent increase but the average increase approved by the department of financial services was only about 4.5 percent, capitalnewyork.com said.
- 1 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Three New Eastchester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester
- 5 Tuckahoe House Lights Up For Holidays