DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – Clemente "Charlie" C. Raffa, a lifelong Dobbs Ferry resident, died Sept. 18. He was 85.
Raffa retired from the Eastchester Police Department as a detective after 38 years.
He was a member of the Police Benevolent Association, American Legion and Embassy Club of Dobbs Ferry. He served in the Navy from 1944 to 1945 as a cook. Raffa enjoyed nothing more than to cook for his family for many years of celebrations.
He contributed to the Eastchester Clambake for more than 20 years. Raffa was known to many tailgaters at New York Giants games for having the best eats around, his family said.
A Mass of the resurrection will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Pompeii Church. Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Edwards-Dowdle Funeral Home in Dobbs Ferry.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester
- 5 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Eastchester