EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Edward Joseph Malits of Eastchester died Jan. 20. He was 85.
Malits was born Dec. 16, 1928, in Northampton, Pa., to Edward and Johanna (nee Marx) Malits. He later relocated to the Bronx, where he grew up. He graduated from Cardinal Hayes High School and served in the United States Army (1948 to 1953) and was a combat veteran having served in Korea. After marriage he moved to Eastchester where he made his home.
Malits served the Town of Eastchester as a professional firefighter from 1962 until his retirement in 1990.
Malits is survived by his children, Victoria (William) Addesso, Edward (Sheila Burke) Malits, Deborah DiGiacomo, Theresa (Christina Drago) Malits; and four grandsons. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Patricia; sibling, Anna Malits Zapka; and son-in-law, William DiGiacomo.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 23 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. Eastchester. A Prayer Service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 24 at the funeral home. Interment to follow at Ferncliff Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 3 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 4 Eastchester Board Of Education Adopts Updated Budget
- 5 Eastchester Italian American Citizen's Club Holds Open House For Residents