HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. - George Richard Romeo, of Hilton Head Island, S.C., died March 27. He was 91.
Romeo was a longtime resident of Eastchester, N.Y. He attended New York University and graduated from Fort Schuyler Merchant Marine Academy. He was commissioned as a lieutenant in the Navy, where he served in the Pacific Theater in World War II aboard a troop transport, The USS La Salle.
He worked in construction and supervised the construction of many of the schools in Westchester, N.Y. during the postwar period.
Romeo is survived by his wife, Rosaria Romeo; sister, Fay Commisa; daughter, Georgine Addeo; sons, George (Robyn) Romeo, John (Jill) Romeo; six grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
Calling hours will be Tuesday, April 2 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Main St., Tuckahoe, N.Y. Funeral and Church services will be held Wednesday, April 3 at 10:30 a.m., at the Assumption Church in Tuckahoe, N.Y. Entombment to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to “The Veteran Victory Group” 2461 Sidneys Road, Walterboro, SC 29488, “Tidewater Hospice” 10 Buckingham Plantation Dr. Suite A, Bluffton, SC 29910 or The Assumption Church 100 Pleasant Place, Tuckahoe, NY 10707.
For more information, visit www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Eastchester, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Eastchester
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Eastchester; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer