TUCKAHOE, N.Y. - Hugh J. Battersby, formerly of Tuckahoe, died March 17. He was 87.
Battersby was a graduate of Fordham Prep and Fordham University. As a U.S. Army Officer, he served in World War II and Korea. He lived in New York City and worked for Brooks Brothers. He was a member of The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick. He served as an usher at St. Patrick's Cathedral for many years.
Battersby is survived by his brother, Deacon Larry (Mary); nephew and nieces; and grand nephews and nieces.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 21 at St. Mary's Church, Mt. Vernon. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery, Eastchester.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Eastchester
- 3 Eastchester Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 4 Mother Convicted Of Using Salt To Poison Son Who Died In Westchester County
- 5 Paul John Schmidt, 63, Lived In Eastchester