TUCKAHOE, N.Y. - Hugh J. Battersby, formerly of Tuckahoe, died March 17. He was 87.
Battersby was a graduate of Fordham Prep and Fordham University. As a U.S. Army Officer, he served in World War II and Korea. He lived in New York City and worked for Brooks Brothers. He was a member of The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick. He served as an usher at St. Patrick's Cathedral for many years.
Battersby is survived by his brother, Deacon Larry (Mary); nephew and nieces; and grand nephews and nieces.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 21 at St. Mary's Church, Mt. Vernon. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery, Eastchester.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Longtime Eastchester Restauranteurs Open Le Sirene In Larchmont
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Former Tuckahoe Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Eastchester