TUCKAHOE, N.Y. - Hugh J. Battersby, formerly of Tuckahoe, died March 17. He was 87.
Battersby was a graduate of Fordham Prep and Fordham University. As a U.S. Army Officer, he served in World War II and Korea. He lived in New York City and worked for Brooks Brothers. He was a member of The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick. He served as an usher at St. Patrick's Cathedral for many years.
Battersby is survived by his brother, Deacon Larry (Mary); nephew and nieces; and grand nephews and nieces.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 21 at St. Mary's Church, Mt. Vernon. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery, Eastchester.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man, 34, Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager