TUCKAHOE, N.Y. - Hugh J. Battersby, formerly of Tuckahoe, died March 17. He was 87.
Battersby was a graduate of Fordham Prep and Fordham University. As a U.S. Army Officer, he served in World War II and Korea. He lived in New York City and worked for Brooks Brothers. He was a member of The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick. He served as an usher at St. Patrick's Cathedral for many years.
Battersby is survived by his brother, Deacon Larry (Mary); nephew and nieces; and grand nephews and nieces.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 21 at St. Mary's Church, Mt. Vernon. Interment to follow at Holy Mount Cemetery, Eastchester.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 Eastchester Father Is Charged In Car Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester