TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Joseph Alfonzetti of Tuckahoe died Oct. 13. He was 88.
Alfonzetti was born Feb. 26, 1924, in Scilla, Reggio Calabria, Italy to Giovanna Fava and Domenico Alfonzetti.
He immigrated to Tuckahoe in 1955 and first lived with his uncle before returning with his wife, son and daughter in 1960. He worked as a landscaper and contractor. As a young man, Alfonzetti served in the Italian merchant marine.
He came from a long line of fishermen, especially swordfishing, which he did as a young man. He enjoyed many trips to Montauk, N.Y., and Scilla.
Alfonzetti is survived by his wife of 58 years, Grazia, whom he married on Jan. 23, 1955 in Scilla.
He is also survived by four children, Domenic (Kathleen), JoAnne (Larry), Victoria and Maria (Hugo); two sisters, Maria Pontillo and Fortunata Nostro, Scilla; three brothers, Antonino Alfonzetti, of Scilla, and Orazio and Michelangelo Alfonzetti, of Montreal, Canada; and seven grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m., Monday, at Westchester Funeral Home in Eastchester. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, at Assumption Church in Tuckahoe.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Assumption Church, 53 Winterhill Road, Tuckahoe NY 10707.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl