TUCKAHOE, N.Y. – Joseph Alfonzetti of Tuckahoe died Oct. 13. He was 88.
Alfonzetti was born Feb. 26, 1924, in Scilla, Reggio Calabria, Italy to Giovanna Fava and Domenico Alfonzetti.
He immigrated to Tuckahoe in 1955 and first lived with his uncle before returning with his wife, son and daughter in 1960. He worked as a landscaper and contractor. As a young man, Alfonzetti served in the Italian merchant marine.
He came from a long line of fishermen, especially swordfishing, which he did as a young man. He enjoyed many trips to Montauk, N.Y., and Scilla.
Alfonzetti is survived by his wife of 58 years, Grazia, whom he married on Jan. 23, 1955 in Scilla.
He is also survived by four children, Domenic (Kathleen), JoAnne (Larry), Victoria and Maria (Hugo); two sisters, Maria Pontillo and Fortunata Nostro, Scilla; three brothers, Antonino Alfonzetti, of Scilla, and Orazio and Michelangelo Alfonzetti, of Montreal, Canada; and seven grandchildren.
Visitation is from 7 to 9 p.m., Monday, at Westchester Funeral Home in Eastchester. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, at Assumption Church in Tuckahoe.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Assumption Church, 53 Winterhill Road, Tuckahoe NY 10707.
- 1 Eastchester Ranked Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 Eastchester Teacher Earns Prestigious STEM Fellowship
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 National Weather Service: Eastchester's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester