SCARSDALE, N.Y. – Louise Castaldi Montclare of Scarsdale died Sept. 23 in White Plains. She was 93.
Montclare graduated from Hunter College with a bachelor's degree in biology at the age of 19. She taught high school biology at Eastchester High School for 25 years. After her retirement from teaching, she began a career in journalism at the age of 65, where she served as editor-in-chief for seven newspapers in Westchester owned by Martinelli Publications.
She won multiple awards for competitive ballroom dancing well into her 80s. She also hosted a local interview and call-in radio talk show at WVOX until her death.
Montclare is survived by three sons, Sandy, Paul and Joseph Montclare, and their wives; six grandchildren; and five great grandchildren.
There will be a memorial gathering from 3-5 p.m. Friday at Westchester Funeral Home in Eastchester.
- 1 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 2 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 3 Bronxville Attorney Charged With Stealing From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Missing Woman With Dementia Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Bronx River Parkway Closures Continue Thursday, Friday