EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Margaret E. Serrecchia of Eastchester Sunday, March 2. She was 95.
Serrecchia was born July 28, 1918, in Tuckahoe, to John Francis Oswald and Nellie Williams. She was a lifelong resident of Eastchester Village and was a graduate of Tuckahoe High School. She had worked at Bell Telephone from 1948 until her retirement about 40 years later and, at the same time, the family bakery in Crestwood. She was a communicant of Immaculate Conception Church in Tuckahoe.
Serrecchia is survived by her son, Rocco F. Serrecchia of Eastchester; four grandchildren; sister, Lillian Layton of Eastchester; a nephew; and two daughters-in-law, Sally Salavec and Judy Wagner. She was predeceased by her parents; husbands Rocco Gaetano Serrecchia and Peter Skalaski; and son, John Francis Serrecchia.
Calling hours are Friday, March 7 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Fred H. McGrath & Son, Funeral Home in Bronxville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 8 at the Immaculate Conception Church, Tuckahoe. Interment at the Gate of Heaven in Hawthorne.
- 1 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests
- 2 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 4 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl