HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Michelangelo DiMaio, formerly of Tuckahoe, and currently living in Hollywood, Fla., died Jan. 21. He was 81.
DiMaio was born Feb. 6, 1932, in S. Elia a Pianisi, Italy, to Ferdinando and Pasqualina DiMaio. He went to Canada from Italy in 1966, and in 1970 he moved to Tuckahoe with his family. He worked for the Village of Scarsdale.
DiMaio is survived by his children, Lina (Mario) Astarita, Fred (Karen) DiMaio and Joe (Maria) DiMaio; six grandchildren; siblings, Stanislao DiMaio, Antonio DiMaio, Maria Pilone and Suor Patrizia DiMaio; in-laws, Cermele, DeBenedictis and Pilone families; and companion, Charlotte Woolf. He was predeceased by his wife, Maria Cermele.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 24 from 2 to 4 and 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at Assumption Church. Entombment to follow at Gate of Heaven Mausoleum.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in memory of Michelangelo DiMmaio may be made to Church of the Assumption Building Fund, 100 Pleasant Ave., Tuckahoe.
- 1 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 3 Scarsdale Couple To Make Small Screen Debut On CBS
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook