HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - Michelangelo DiMaio, formerly of Tuckahoe, and currently living in Hollywood, Fla., died Jan. 21. He was 81.
DiMaio was born Feb. 6, 1932, in S. Elia a Pianisi, Italy, to Ferdinando and Pasqualina DiMaio. He went to Canada from Italy in 1966, and in 1970 he moved to Tuckahoe with his family. He worked for the Village of Scarsdale.
DiMaio is survived by his children, Lina (Mario) Astarita, Fred (Karen) DiMaio and Joe (Maria) DiMaio; six grandchildren; siblings, Stanislao DiMaio, Antonio DiMaio, Maria Pilone and Suor Patrizia DiMaio; in-laws, Cermele, DeBenedictis and Pilone families; and companion, Charlotte Woolf. He was predeceased by his wife, Maria Cermele.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 24 from 2 to 4 and 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the Westchester Funeral Home, Inc. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at Assumption Church. Entombment to follow at Gate of Heaven Mausoleum.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in memory of Michelangelo DiMmaio may be made to Church of the Assumption Building Fund, 100 Pleasant Ave., Tuckahoe.
- 1 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 2 Longtime Eastchester Restauranteurs Open Le Sirene In Larchmont
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Amber Alert Canceled After 3-Year-Old Girl Found