EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – Patricia "Patty" R. Circelli, a lifelong resident of Eastchester, died Dec. 8. She was 78.
Born March 15, 1934, in Mount Vernon, she was the daughter of Pasquale "Pat" and Rose Marie Pisa Circelli. She graduated from Mount Vernon High School in 1952 and attended Barnard College, where she earned a teaching degree in Spanish in 1955.
She later earned a Ph.D. from Fordham University, where she was a Spanish professor. Circelli spoke four languages. After her retirement from Fordham University, she taught at the Japan American school.
In later years, Circelli privately tutored Japanese students. She spent summers traveling abroad. She was active in the Business of Professional Woman's Club and acted as a director for a Thai exchange program in 1968.
She and her mother were active members at Immaculate Conception Church in Tuckahoe, where she remained a parishioner until her death. She enjoyed socializing with friends.
Circelli is survived by four cousins, James Circelli, Matthew Circelli, James Ritacco and Candace Ritacco.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Westchester Funeral Home in Eastchester. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Immaculate Conception Church. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven in Hawthorne.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Former Tuckahoe Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Eastchester
- 5 Tuckahoe Among Latest Communities To Start Collecting Hotel-Motel Tax