EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Thomas (Tom) F. O'Connell of Eastchester died Monday, June 23. He was 76.
O’Connell was born in New York, in 1936. He was the son of Dennis and Alice O'Connell. He served in the Army National Guard, Bronx from 1954 to 1960, and retired from the Transport Workers Union.
O’Connell is survived by his wife, Barbara Brennan; children, Joel (Jay ) O'Connell and Lauren Rabin (David) of Greenwich, Conn., Karen Mackey (Patrick) of San Francisco, Calif., Thomas Brennan of Poughkeepsie; four grandchildren; many nieces and nephews; and great nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and siblings, Elizabeth O'Donnell, Maurice O'Connell, Julia Worsthorn, Mary White and John O'Connell.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 25 from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Flynn Memorial Home. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home Thursday, June 26 at 11 a.m.
Donations may be made in O’Connell's honor to "Crime Victims Support Services" of the North Bronx Inc., 1138 Neill Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Eastchester Must Prepare