EASTCHESTER, N.Y. - Thomas (Tom) F. O'Connell of Eastchester died Monday, June 23. He was 76.
O’Connell was born in New York, in 1936. He was the son of Dennis and Alice O'Connell. He served in the Army National Guard, Bronx from 1954 to 1960, and retired from the Transport Workers Union.
O’Connell is survived by his wife, Barbara Brennan; children, Joel (Jay ) O'Connell and Lauren Rabin (David) of Greenwich, Conn., Karen Mackey (Patrick) of San Francisco, Calif., Thomas Brennan of Poughkeepsie; four grandchildren; many nieces and nephews; and great nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and siblings, Elizabeth O'Donnell, Maurice O'Connell, Julia Worsthorn, Mary White and John O'Connell.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 25 from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Flynn Memorial Home. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home Thursday, June 26 at 11 a.m.
Donations may be made in O’Connell's honor to "Crime Victims Support Services" of the North Bronx Inc., 1138 Neill Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Eastchester Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Tuckahoe Man Charged With DWI In Putnam Valley
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Eastchester