YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 12-year-old Yonkers boy has been charged with second-degree arson after a fire on Saratoga Avenue in Yonkers, according to Yonkers Police.
Police responded to the fire about 10:24 p.m. on Saturday at 191 Saratoga Ave. After an investigation, the boy was taken into custody, police said.
He is being held at Woodfield Cottage, the Westchester County juvenile detention center in Valhalla, according to police.
Police declined to release further information about the boy because of his age.
The three-alarm fire damaged two buildings and displaced dozens of residents, according to The Journal News.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Eastchester Mom Debuts Fashion, Lifestyle Blog For Parents
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola