YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 12-year-old Yonkers boy has been charged with second-degree arson after a fire on Saratoga Avenue in Yonkers, according to Yonkers Police.
Police responded to the fire about 10:24 p.m. on Saturday at 191 Saratoga Ave. After an investigation, the boy was taken into custody, police said.
He is being held at Woodfield Cottage, the Westchester County juvenile detention center in Valhalla, according to police.
Police declined to release further information about the boy because of his age.
The three-alarm fire damaged two buildings and displaced dozens of residents, according to The Journal News.
- 1 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Three New Eastchester Police Officers Graduate From County Academy
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Eastchester
- 5 Tuckahoe House Lights Up For Holidays