YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 12-year-old Yonkers boy has been charged with second-degree arson after a fire on Saratoga Avenue in Yonkers, according to Yonkers Police.
Police responded to the fire about 10:24 p.m. on Saturday at 191 Saratoga Ave. After an investigation, the boy was taken into custody, police said.
He is being held at Woodfield Cottage, the Westchester County juvenile detention center in Valhalla, according to police.
Police declined to release further information about the boy because of his age.
The three-alarm fire damaged two buildings and displaced dozens of residents, according to The Journal News.
- 1 Snow Likely In Eastchester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Eastchester Varsity Team Places First At Cheerleading Event
- 3 Lifelong Eastchester Resident Tabbed To Fill Vacant Town Board Seat
- 4 Eastchester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown