EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – An elderly Eastchester couple and police officer were treated for smoke inhalation on Wednesday following a kitchen fire at a Greenvale Road home.
Fire officials confirmed that shortly before 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, firefighters responded to the residence after a fire broke out in the kitchen of the home and spread to an adjoining room.
While firefighters had the blaze swiftly knocked down, the home sustained severe smoke damage, and it remains unclear when it will be habitable again. According to reports, the home lacked working smoke detectors.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.