EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Police are warning residents about a new scam that could put banking and other personal information at risk, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several suspects have been arrested for "mailbox fishing," where thieves break into mailboxes in an effort to steal mail with written checks. The thieves then alter the checks with their own information, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 Possible Blue-Bag Heroin Death Of 21-Year-Old In Eastchester Probed
- 2 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 3 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Eastchester; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 5 Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester