EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Police are warning residents about a new scam that could put banking and other personal information at risk, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several suspects have been arrested for "mailbox fishing," where thieves break into mailboxes in an effort to steal mail with written checks. The thieves then alter the checks with their own information, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 Eastchester Names Darrell Stinchcomb Principal For Greenvale School
- 2 State Police Warn Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Eastchester Students Compete In Final Round Of National Geographic Bee