EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Police are warning residents about a new scam that could put banking and other personal information at risk, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several suspects have been arrested for "mailbox fishing," where thieves break into mailboxes in an effort to steal mail with written checks. The thieves then alter the checks with their own information, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 Longtime Eastchester Restauranteurs Open Le Sirene In Larchmont
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed