EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Police are warning residents about a new scam that could put banking and other personal information at risk, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several suspects have been arrested for "mailbox fishing," where thieves break into mailboxes in an effort to steal mail with written checks. The thieves then alter the checks with their own information, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 IRS Warns Eastchester Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Optical Visit Relocates From New Rochelle To Eastchester