EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester Police are warning residents about a new scam that could put banking and other personal information at risk, according to News 12 Westchester.
Several suspects have been arrested for "mailbox fishing," where thieves break into mailboxes in an effort to steal mail with written checks. The thieves then alter the checks with their own information, News 12 Westchester reported.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Eastchester
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion