MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – A Mount Vernon resident was wounded during an armed robbery after he was accosted during an attempt to steal the victim’s cell phone, police said.
Police confirmed that a 32-year-old man was shot and wounded during the Tuesday night robbery. He is currently in good condition and recovering at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. on East Fourth Street and South First Avenue, the suspects approached the victim, asking for his phone, police said. Police said that although he handed over the device, he was grazed in the back by a bullet. His injuries are not life threatening.
The investigation into the suspects is ongoing.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Eastchester Skies Sunday
- 2 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester