MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – A Mount Vernon resident was wounded during an armed robbery after he was accosted during an attempt to steal the victim’s cell phone, police said.
Police confirmed that a 32-year-old man was shot and wounded during the Tuesday night robbery. He is currently in good condition and recovering at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. on East Fourth Street and South First Avenue, the suspects approached the victim, asking for his phone, police said. Police said that although he handed over the device, he was grazed in the back by a bullet. His injuries are not life threatening.
The investigation into the suspects is ongoing.
- 1 Lifelong Eastchester Resident Tabbed To Fill Vacant Town Board Seat
- 2 Snow Likely In Eastchester On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Eastchester Varsity Team Places First At Cheerleading Event
- 4 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 5 Eastchester Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday