MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – A Mount Vernon resident was wounded during an armed robbery after he was accosted during an attempt to steal the victim’s cell phone, police said.
Police confirmed that a 32-year-old man was shot and wounded during the Tuesday night robbery. He is currently in good condition and recovering at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. on East Fourth Street and South First Avenue, the suspects approached the victim, asking for his phone, police said. Police said that although he handed over the device, he was grazed in the back by a bullet. His injuries are not life threatening.
The investigation into the suspects is ongoing.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Eastchester
- 5 Bronx River Parkway Remains Closed In Both Directions Due To Flooding