MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – A Mount Vernon resident was wounded during an armed robbery after he was accosted during an attempt to steal the victim’s cell phone, police said.
Police confirmed that a 32-year-old man was shot and wounded during the Tuesday night robbery. He is currently in good condition and recovering at Montefiore Hospital in New Rochelle.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. on East Fourth Street and South First Avenue, the suspects approached the victim, asking for his phone, police said. Police said that although he handed over the device, he was grazed in the back by a bullet. His injuries are not life threatening.
The investigation into the suspects is ongoing.
- 1 Eastchester's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Eastchester High School Provides Guidelines For Halloween Attire